Friday, June 21, 2013

Rest and Meal Period Confirmation

Virtual TimeClock allows you to customize the signature line text on your employee time cards to specifically address your legal responsibilities as an employer. Here are some examples time clock software customers have shared with us in the past. Employers shouldn't use these or any other statements for their employee time cards without the advice of their legal counsel.

Rest Period Confirmation
I understand that I am entitled to rest periods each workday at the rate of 10 minutes net rest time for each four hours of work or major fraction thereof.  I hereby certify and declare that I have received all my rest periods in accordance with this requirement during each workday that occurred within the pay period covered by this time card.

Meal Period Confirmation
I understand that I am entitled to a meal period whenever I work more than five hours in a workday.  I hereby certify and declare that I have received all my meal periods in accordance with this requirement during each workday that occurred within the pay period covered by this time card.

General Time Acknowledgement
I hereby certify and declare under penalty of perjury that (1) I have received all the rest periods and meal periods that I was legally entitled to on each workday within the pay period covered by this time record, (2) this time record fully and accurately reports all the time that I have worked during the covered pay period, and (3) I am making this declaration freely and voluntarily.

To change your time card confirmation statement, go to Configure, then Report Writer, select your employee time card and click Signature Text.

Jeff
Tier 2 Technical Support
Redcort Software, Inc.

No comments: