There are 2 requirements for setting up a remote time clock:
- Obtain a static IP address from your ISP (Internet Service Provider)
- Setup a port forward on your router
The key to remote access is to open a port on your router to allow remote time clock software clients to connect using the static IP address of your router. The router then sends the information to the time clock server. This is commonly known as 'port forwarding'. For information on setting up a port forward, take a look at the user's guide that came with your router, call your ISP, or visit helpful websites like portforward.com.
Server Location Setup
- Launch your Virtual TimeClock Server app and note the TCP IP address and port in use by the time clock software on your network.
- Access your router configuration settings and note the WAN static IP address assigned by your ISP.
- Setup a new port forward on your router using the IP address and port noted in number 1 above.
Remote Location Setup
- Install and launch your Virtual TimeClock Pro Client app.
- From the File menu, choose Connect Manually To Server.
- Enter the WAN IP address and port, then click Connect.
More detailed information about using network time clock software over the Internet can be found on our website.
Time and Attendance Specialist